When you're out of prepared food for your dog and the store is closed, here's a quick and easy recipe that will pamper your pooch in the meantime:
INGREDIENTS: - cook all together or separately; combine & serve
Veggies may be served chopped and raw if desired. FEED SAME NUMBER OF CUPS AS YOU WOULD PREPARED FOOD.
- 1 cup brown rice (white rice or wild rice if brown not available)
- 2 cups sweet potato, cubed or 1 cup of cooked plain oatmeal
- 8oz lean protein cubed (or eggs equivalent volume (cooked separately and added chopped)}
- Large package frozen mixed veggies (green peas, green beans, carrots, corn (less corn the better)
- Fresh veggies: broccoli, green beans, green peas, carrots
Cook in no/low salt broth: chicken or turkey for extra flavor. For totally grain free increase the volume of sweet potato and green peas, replacing rice and oats.This recipe is designed for intermittent feeding only and has not been tested to meet AAFCO standards.